Monday, April 6, 2015

100 Days of Creativity - DFQ Edition - Day 1

So I'm a member of a most excellent group of creatives on Facebook, a very open, welcoming group that nurtures and supports one another both with creative endeavors and even personal. Many of us in that group have decided to participate in the "100 Days of Creativity." In my desperate desire to get back into the habit of writing again, I am using the 100 Days and support by my DFQ group to push me to do something, anything, to get the creative juices flowing and get my muse back in shape.

Best way to get ones toes wet is with flash contests. There are some new contests out now that weren't when I last participated. I look forward to trying these out. Look for my posts with the hashtag #100Days as I get back into it.

For the first day, I'm diving into the 100 Words challenge by Velvet Verbosity.

The word is "shelf," and these are my words.

This was her most sacred place, the place where the relics of her parents were kept. She knew every corner, every shelf. Countless nights Mirja'a fell asleep staring at the carved images of her parents while candles burn down to nubs, wishing she could bring them back.

The priests said she had immense power, but none of it was enough to change the past. None of it was enough to burn away the sounds of her parents being slaughtered by the Bijeszlo.

The only things remaining of her parents were on these shelves, powerless and impotent, just as she felt.

@MLGammella
100 Words

2 comments:

  1. Nice little snippet. Great start. I also like this challenge, I might just have to give it ago at some point too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A ton of power in these words, as Miranda said. A great start to your challenge

    ReplyDelete